Thursday, March 19, 2009

Orange Cake


I wanted to try this cake for so long. It was perfect time when I got these nice fresh oranges which tempted me to make this tasty good looking cake, finally. As I had few ingredients at home that original recipe calls for and of course I do not use eggs, so turns out I modified whole recipe. Here is this delicious cake recipe my way.
Ingredients:
11/2 cup whole wheat flour
13/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
2/3 cup canola oil
2 jumbo size navel oranges
2 tablespoon flax seed meal

Method:
1.Preheat the oven to 350* Fahrenheit. Oil and flour (13X9)" pan.
2.Mix flour baking soda and powder, set aside.
3.Mix flax seeds with 8tbspoon water, stir in sugar.
4.Cut the oranges in squares with peel on of course and puree them in mixer.
5.Mix the purred oranges and oil in big vessel. Add sugar mix in three parts alternating with flour mix.
6.Put the batter to baking pan and bake for 35-40mins. To check, insert a wooden needle in middle, if it comes out clean, then cake is done. Serve warm or chilled.

Note:
Recipe calls for 2 large eggs, so if you want, you can replace 2tbspoon of flax seed and avoid step 3. Just beat the eggs instead. My cake pan was not even half fill, so you can use pan with small size. In India, we get small and medium size oranges(from orange city I am) use 4 if small and 3 if medium size.

Enjoy. See you with my next post, till then take care. Have a nice day everybody. Bye bye.

1 comment: